The International Network of Research: Projective Methods and Psychoanalysis is a working group created in 2005 on the occasion of the Congress of the International Society of the Rorschach (ISR).
Its goals are as follows:
- To ensure and promote the visibility and legibility of research studies which are part of the projective methods field and fall within a psychoanalytical orientation, particularly in reference to the work of the Paris School and its extensions.
- To foster exchanges and collaboration between colleagues of the different countries represented through the network, notably in the perspective of the development of joint research studies and/or the sharing of clinical data…
- To acquire communication tools that would facilitate meetings and common work.
Since its implementation, the number of colleagues who explicitly and confidently refer to psychoanalysis is more important in high-level positions within the ISR. Similarly, the role of our communications has become more important for plenary conferences that are considered during congresses.
The willingness and necessity to work with three different languages for our organisational and scientific meetings has been affirmed.
Timeline for the organisation of the Network’s meetings and colloquium: One meeting every year and a half and one colloquium every 3 years, in line and in rotation with the ISR Congress which takes place every three years.
- From 2005 to 2010: Prof. Pascal ROMAN (Switzerland)
- From 2010 to 2014: Prof. Tefvika IKIZ (Turkey)
- From 2014 to 2017 : Prof. Catherine AZOULAY and Prof. Jean-Yves CHAGNON (France)
- From 2017 : Prof. Tiziana SOLA and Luca Matteo BRUNO (Italy)
PAST MEETINGS AND COLLOQUIA
➔ Creation of the Network : Barcelona, Spain, (ISR, July 2015): Founding members: Catherine CHABERT, Michèle EMMANUELLI, Pascal ROMAN, Claude DE TYCHEY and others.
➔ 1st colloquium and meeting: Istanbul, Turkey, January 19-20, 2007
The role of projective methods in research in clinical psychology and psychoanalysis: Organization: Prof. Tevfika IKIZ, University of Istanbul.
➔ Meeting: Louvain, ISR, Belgium, July 2008.
➔ 2nd Colloquium + Meeting: Messine, Sicilia, May 7-8 2010
Projective tests and evaluation of change processes: Organization: S. SETTERINI.
➔ One meeting in Tokyo was planned on July 2011 (ISR): cancellation due to the events in Fukushima.
➔ 3rd Colloquium + meeting: Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 27-28 2012
Borderline disorders and psychoanalysis: a clinical and projective approach.
➔ Meeting: Istanbul, ISR, Turkey, July 2014.
➔ 4th Colloquium + meeting in Lyon, France, April 7-8, 2016
Issues of the body: Clinic and Epistemology
➔ Meeting : Paris, IRS, France, July 2017.